What is sandblasting?
The process of cleaning and roughening the surface of the substrate by the impact of high-speed sand flow. Compressed air is used as the power to form a high-speed jet beam to spray the spray material at high speed to the surface of the work piece , so that the appearance or shape of the outer surface of the work piece changes. , due to the impact and cutting effect of the abrasive the surface of the work piece can obtain a certain degree of cleanliness and different roughness, so that the mechanical behavior of the surface can be improved, thus improving the fatigue resistance of the work piece, increasing it and coating The adhesion between layers prolongs the durability of the coating film and is also beneficial to the leveling and decoration of the coating.
How to choose?
1. It is necessary to consider the gas consumption of pipeline leakage, blow-off gas of dryer, back flushing gas of sandblasting machine dust collector and other equipment. Large gas volume selection will increase equipment and power investment If the choice is small, the gas pressure will not reach the rated pressure.
2. First determine the air pressure of all equipment, select the highest air pressure of the equipment.If the equipment requires a large pressure difference, It is better to choose a different air compressor to use, which can reduce the cost of expenditure.
3. Requirements for oil content: You can choose a combination of different precision oil removal filters to meet the requirements. Moisture content requirements: A freeze dryer can be used when selecting a sandblasting machine. Dust content requirements: According to the field environment, different dust filter combinations can be selected to meet the requirements. Take enough as the principle, do not blindly improve the quality to increase the purchase cost of equipment.
Air compressor model selection
1. According to the air delivery volume (referring to the volume of gas discharged per minute), there are small machines (displacement below 10m3/min) , Medium-sized machine (with a displacement of 10 to 100m3/min), and a large machine (with a displacement of more than 100m3/min).
2. According to the structural type, there are rotary, piston, and membrane air compressors. The common ones are piston type and rotary type, screw type, and sliding vane type.
3. According to the center line and relative position of the cylinder, it can be divided into vertical, horizontal angular type air compressors. Among them, the angular type compressor is divided into V type, W type, L type, etc.
Pros and cons
1. Piston air compressor: it has the widest pressure range,the highest efficiency and relatively low price. must be selected for high pressure work and the exhaust volume varies little with the exhaust pressure, and easy maintenance. Disadvantages: complex structure,many wearing parts, heavy maintenance workload, average reliability, large size, large vibration and noise.
2. Screw air compressor: strong reliability, convenient operation and maintenance, good power balance, low noise and small vibration, large air delivery and small size. Disadvantages: After long-term operation, the screw gap becomes larger, the displacement becomes smaller, the maintainability is poor, and the regular maintenance cost is high.
Choosing a suitable air compressor can fully exert the performance of the sandblasting machine, so that the quality of sandblasting can be continuously improved.